Wednesday, October 22, 2008

24 Hours of Panic

Last year I applied to business school. I was accepted and decided to decline the offer in order to spend a full year in Hyderabad. Upon deciding not to enroll, I corresponded with the admissions committee about deferral and re-application options. I was told that re-application was an easy process and in many ways a formality. So, about a week ago I sent in an updated resume and an application re-open form. On Monday night I was emailed a username and password to access my online application and was told that because the essay questions had changed, I needed to submit four new essays. Considering the application deadline was 3 days away, panic set in. I emailed the director of admissions to confirm and took a day off work to write feverishly. On Tuesday night, right as I was about to send my essays to my sister and dad for editing, I received an email from the admissions director. New staff members were unclear as to the re-application process; no new essays were required. I breathed a huge sigh of relief and slept peacefully.

No comments: